Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rodin's "The Thinker" and original Statue of Copernicus

While walking through the Museum campus I saw plenty of people walk by these great sculptures, but not take the time to read their inscription or sit with them for a while. I believe that this is because their heads are filled with their own thoughts and ideas picked up from their short time @ the museum. When in proximity to the planetarium, I think that the ideas and thoughts processed  while at the planetarium should be celebrated more so then these great men that helped pioneer Chicago's intellectual society. In my case I substituted a statue of Copernicus, which in this case is quiet appropriate in this proximity, for Auguste Rodin's "The Thinker"  along with a quote on experience. This is to encourage the museum goer to be excited about what they have experienced today and to not shy away from experiences like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment